Brand Ambassador – Full Time (35 hours per week) - evenings and weekends required
About the Grand Theatre
The Grand is located in the heart of downtown London, Ontario. We are a place for all to gather, discuss, challenge, debate, celebrate, and be inspired and entertained by exceptional theatre experiences. The Grand is a not-for-profit regional theatre producing and presenting professional theatre on two stages: the Spriet Stage (839 seats) and the Auburn Stage (144 seats).
A typical season at the Grand runs September to May including an annual fall High School Project musical and five Jeans ‘n Classics concerts. In additional to its own produced season, the Grand rents out its theatre spaces to promoters, producers, and members of the general public for special events, shows and productions.
Our staff teams embrace and participate in an environment that encourages respect, inclusion, open communication, a proactive approach to problem solving and reflects organizational values.
Our Commitment to Anti-Oppression
The theatre sector is in a period of much-needed change and tremendous opportunity.
At the Grand, we are committed to creating and practicing a company culture that ensures an accessible, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming space for artists, audiences, donors, boards, and staff.
We encourage all applicants to review the Grand’s Anti-Oppression Mission Statement on our website to confirm that your personal and professional values are aligned with this vision. We are committed to building a diverse workplace as such we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of equity deserving groups such as members of the BIPOC community, and/or 2SLGBTQ+ community. Please let us know if you require accommodation(s) at any stage of the application process.
The Grand is searching for dynamic and personable BRAND AMBASSADORS (BRs) to work various events, activities, and activations throughout the spring and summer months. These are seasonal part-time positions, and paid weekly, on the basis of hours worked.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the representatives amplify Grand Theatre messaging by:
- representing the Grand Theatre at various community events, such as: festivals, cultural events, community events, markets, parades, sporting events (i.e. external events);
- distributing promotional materials and giveaway items directly to the general public;
- distributing posters and show/season collateral to local businesses and contacts;
- conducting activities and interactive experiences pertaining to the Grand Theatre brand or upcoming programming;
- accurately responding to questions about Grand Theatre programming, ticketing, and current offers;
- generating digital content at activations for distribution on the Grand Theatre's web and social media channels;
- actively promoting offers & benefits to current & potential audiences;
- engaging with various members of the London community, including newcomers, seniors, children and youth.
As representatives for the Grand Theatre, the Brand Ambassadors are a first point of contact for many patrons with the theatre – and are sources of information, high-energy experience animators, and active salespersons.
- Maintain a welcoming, positive and friendly experience for the general public, as representatives of the Grand Theatre;
- Set up, tear down, and staff various activations as determined and designed by the Grand Theatre marketing team;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the Grand Theatre’s shows, programs, and subscription series, and accurately communicate this information to the general public;
- Liaise with Grand Theatre marketing team, audience services team, and volunteers in preparation for, and during, activations;
- Interact appropriately and professionally with external event organizers and external event staff;
- Distribute collateral, giveaway items, and engage the general public in conversation about Grand Theatre programming
- Collect activation photo/video for use by the Grand Theatre marketing team on social media channels
- Other duties as assigned: provide support to grassroots promotion initiatives, special events, and collateral preparation.
- Experience working in a public-facing sales, special events, entertainment, or hospitality position; previous street team or brand ambassador experience, an asset;
- Exemplary customer service & communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work in various locations in London and surrounding area; driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle, an asset;
- Strong affinity with the Grand Theatre and its programming; a background in the performing arts (theatre/dance/music) is an asset;
- Must be reliable, flexible, dependable and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Sustained physical activity includes: standing and walking for long periods of time, load in and load out of collateral and signage;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many disruptions and competing priorities;
- A confident and approachable demeanor with a willingness to interact with members of the general public;
- First Aid training and CPR is considered an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- You are a ‘people person’ with outstanding interpersonal skills, a passion for the arts and/or theatre sector
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- You are a team player, who can also work well independently
- You are able to communicate with our patrons in a friendly, professional, and inclusive manner
- You are highly motivated and energetic; you show initiative and can problem solve as well as multitask under pressure
- Start date will be June 19, 2023. The contract will conclude on August 14, 2023.
- Hourly at $18 per hour;
- Brand Ambassadors are full time positions, 35 hours per week, evenings and weekends required.
- Brand Ambassador work environment is predominantly in-person at various external events and locations around London, and surrounding area; the ability to transport yourself to varying locations in a timely manner is required.
- Work hours are a combination of weekday, evenings and weekends, revolving around our summer street team event schedule;
- New hires are subject to the following conditions of employment:
- Must be able to legally work in Canada;
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) against COVID-19 prior to the start of employment and are required to provide the Grand Theatre with proof of vaccination;
- Must provide a recent and clear police information check
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by email to Lia Karidas, Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy, via lkaridas [at] grandtheatre.comstyle="color:blue; text-decoration:underline", with applications reviewed as received.
Please note “BA Application” as the subject line. In your cover letter, please speak to your general weekly availability, making note of any planned vacations or time away during the summer months.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. All applications are considered confidential.